Magic Rises - Ilona Andrews
4.889

Um, holy rusted metal Batman, the shit is hitting the fan.

photo omg-jane_zps72703267.gif

I don't know what the next book is going to be about but with the introduction of a certain person, Kate's going to have to be on her toes for the unforeseeable future. More so than usual. Especially when that certain person has a very creepy double interest in her.

////

Ok. There were a few issues with this - not enough Curran and Kate time, not enough beating up Jarek Kral (in fact, this needed to be done) and some of the descriptions were so detailed it was hard for me to picture it.

With that said, this was a great addition to the Kate Daniels series. We explore of Kate's "dilemma" about her Dad and we learn about the players and the pawns. We also learn just how much Kate loves Curran. Enough to stab him with a fork when he seemingly steps out on her. I was mad enough to kill him, just like Kate, but once he explained himself - I understood why he did it but he should've opened up to Kate about the problem. Especially knowing her trust issues and her ability to handle herself.

We get a boat ride with this book and it's not boring - because it's not long. We also get to meet a crapload of other types of shifters. Weredolphins anyone?

While we're in Europe, we get to know the insane old school politics that seem to rule the clans. Seriously, these guys are bloodthirsty. There's also some real old school shifters. It's a bit scary.

We also get to meet Hugh D'Ambray. If you don't know that name, you should. It spells out Kate's doom.

There were so many great lines in this book. It all added up to the same awesome dialogue and repartee that Kate has with almost everyone.

I can't get into too much because this book just came out but trust me, this is the beginning of something big. We lose a valuable member of Pack and while it was sad, it made sense. The sacrifice wasn't entirely in vain.

Kate goes through a lot in this book. And while the end is bittersweet, it couldn't have happened any other way.