The Lovesick Cure - Pamela Morsi
I really wanted to love this book. Needless to say, I didn't. It had potential but it didn't really live up to it for me.

The best part about this book was the one liners and the quotes from Aunt Will. I didn't make it past the first line of Chapter 13 so maybe the story developed into something interesting and remarkable but it didn't work for me.

I like my heroines to have feelings. Jess seemed passive, emotionally stunted and too stuck in her own head for me to feel anything for her. She was like Tofu. Easily shaped and formed into what someone else wanted without any flavor of her own. I was pained when I had to read anything from her point of view.

I really liked Piney and his relationship with his son, Tree, and the townspeople. He, though a self-professed "never say love/I do" again kind of guy, is exactly that you want in a man. Thoughtful, intelligent, kind and just plain consistent. He loves his son and wants the best for him and lord knows it hard to be around teens, nevermind raising them, and through his son you get a better glimpse of Piney as a man.

Aunt Will, well she is the star of this book. Old, wizened and just plain ol' clever as hell. She's what the old folk would call a Wise Woman and in the Ozarks she's called a Granny Woman. Either way, if there's a problem emotionally or physically, Aunt Will is the one to call. Through her you see a different side of faith and belief. You also see fortitude and love.

I didn't enjoy the sudden POV switch to Camryn and Tree. While I like Tree and wanted to know about his story, I didn't need to read about it from a POV that was not from the main characters. I skipped over this part and seriously didn't think I missed that much.

Anyway, if you like slow as molasses story building, tofu like heroines and lots of info dumping about rocks and medicine, then you'll love this book.