Firewalker - Allyson James
I finished this is in one day. That should tell you something right there.

In this installment, which is a little different than what the back of the book says, Janet is having a hard time trying to save Mick's life, her life and the lives of her friends.

It's tough being half-goddess.

It's even tougher when your friends and loved ones won't hesitate to kill you should you fail to control the magic that was instilled in you by your bitch mother and the earth.

It's a thousand times harder when the little voice in the back of your head tells you it's ok to kill people.

Oh and let's just throw this on the fire: your boyfriend is about to be brought to trial because of you while a monster is running around killing people.

It makes a gal not want to get out of bed.

The characters were solid and the secondary characters were fun and felt real. I really enjoyed having more Maya and Noami in this book. I'm iffy with Cassandra that shit she pulled at the end of the book annoyed me and I can live without Pamela. On top of that, Colby looks like fun. I'm glad we met him. He's like that little brother that you want to punch and/or hug.

I would like more of Mick and Janet in a relationship, I like them together but it would be nice to see them with a little more talk-talk between them and a little less rip-roaring sessy times. Why? Because while sessy times are fun for everyone, a real relationship is also communication and doing things outside of the bedroom. If I don't see that happen it's hard for me to believe that the relationship is real.

The plot itself was interesting though at times it felt like there were too many things going on at once but it was all summed up nicely and the ending left us with an interesting little twist.