Grave Dance - Kalayna Price
Ok, so Goodreads just ate my last review. Sigh.

This book was lacking in character development (again) but the action and the palpable tension between Alex, Death and Falin were enough to make me forget that.

Now, since I'm mad at Goodreads, this is an abridged version of my last review.

If any of these characters were my friends and we were meeting for coffee. This is pretty much what I'd Oprah-Offer them.

Death: WAG Jack NOOO Put out or get out. No. Seriously. I get that you're this handsome, otherworldly, tortured being. I also get that you have this forbidden thing with Alex but if you don't do something about it soon, you're going to lose her. You need to stop with the Romeo/Juliet and start...on another couple that doesn't kill themselves due to miscommunication and idiocy. I like you Death. I do. I want to know more about you. I wish you could open up. I wish that you would stop popping up every now and then when you feel like it and try to make a real effort. Alex is confused. You are confusing her. You need to say something. This kiss and run shit is getting old. Oh and telling someone you love them when they are blacking out? Does. Not. Count. . So, you need to step up you're game. Figure your shit out and then come back. Stop commenting and judging when you aren't doing anything about it. In the immortal words of Elvis "a little less conversation, a little more action please."

Falin - you're pretty. Oh so pretty. But the lies? They gotta stop. Lies, even by omission, are still lies. I don't think they are as bad as blatant lies but hey, some people do. And you, Assassin lover and all around awesome guy, are lying. Why don't you try to explain things. Maybe a little less action and a little more conversation would do you some good. You are supposed to be a foil to Death but I gotta say, you both are doing some pretty confusing things and I don't know if I can trust you Falin. Yes, you're good to have around, you're sexy as all get out and you seem to have a good head on your shoulders. What I can't figure out is why you're still with her . I know there's some compulsion thing going on but you need to find a replacement stat. That is if you plan on having any kind of future with Alex. While you're hot and easy on the eyes, the fact of the matter is; you're not really all that available, are you? So, ditch the bitch and move on to greener pastures. I would love to see more of you in this series but you need to play your cards right. Don't become Frost of the Merry Gentry series. Please.gifs

gifs
Alex - You remind me of another detective I hold in a begrudging adoration. Perhaps you've heard of her. Toby Daye? No, well I'm sure it won't be long until you meet. Anyhoozit, you're a fine character. Strong, but not too stupid and you're growing up magically. Yay!
You need to work on your regular detecting skills. They aren't bad! I'm not judging you too harshly, in fact they are better than Toby's but that's not the point. You should probably brush up on your spell casting too? Why? So you're not left blindsided (pardon the pun) when shit goes down. Take the proper precautions and bone up. Then, maybe, just maybe, you'll be a little less damsel in distress.