Reboot - Amy Tintera

Five years ago, Wren Connolly was shot three times in the chest. After 178 minutes she came back as a Reboot: stronger, faster, able to heal, and less emotional. The longer Reboots are dead, the less human they are when they return. Wren 178 is the deadliest Reboot in the Republic of Texas. Now seventeen years old, she serves as a soldier for HARC (Human Advancement and Repopulation Corporation).

Wren’s favorite part of the job is training new Reboots, but her latest newbie is the worst she’s ever seen. As a 22, Callum Reyes is practically human. His reflexes are too slow, he’s always asking questions, and his ever-present smile is freaking her out. Yet there’s something about him she can’t ignore. When Callum refuses to follow an order, Wren is given one last chance to get him in line—or she’ll have to eliminate him. Wren has never disobeyed before and knows if she does, she’ll be eliminated, too. But she has also never felt as alive as she does around Callum.

The perfect soldier is done taking orders.

photo 7101522_zps41b98605.gif

Such an awesome premise that went absolutely nowhere for me. I wanted to love this, I got 56% of the way in and then......I just couldn't do it anymore.

Such an awesome premise. I'm going to keep saying this until it makes sense. Because how could a book with such awesome potential, fail me?

There was action, there was intrigue, hell there was rebellion and violence but even with all of that going on, it felt cold. Empty. Hollow.

Because of that, I couldn't get into it as deeply as I wanted.

It's not a bad book but it bored me to tears. And, well, simply isn't my cup of tea.